Aladzha Monastery is the most popular medieval rock monastery at the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, which was inhabited by monks- hermits in the 13th – 14th century. Systematic research of this Christian monument was initiated in the late 19th century by two of the founders of Bulgarian archeology – the brothers Karel and Hermin Shkorpil. In 1912, the Aladzha monastery was granted the title of "national historical monument" and in 1968 - an architectural monument of national importance. There is no information about the time Aladzha monastery was created. The surviving frescoes in the chapel show that the place was the center of spiritual life during the Second Bulgarian Kingdom (13th – 14th century).
At the end of the 2nd c. A.D. thermal baths were built on a territory of 7.000 sq. m. and are the biggest on the Balkan Peninsula. They became the centre of the public life in the town. Roman Thermal Baths are the largest ancient building discovered in Bulgaria so far. The comparatively well – preserved walls outline an imposing building. The plan of the building is almost symmetrical.
Varna Educational museum is situated on the ground floor of the Archeological museum. It was found in the distant 1986 by archeologists and museum curators Dimiter Dimitrov S.R. and Ivan Ivanov R.S.
They create the first in Bulgaria museum for children that has its own exposition and a hall for educational purposes. It is their ambition to expand kids’ knowledge of the past. To provoke greater interest towards history and archeology by creating a non-traditional, attractive and at the same time accessible expositional area, where visitors (small and grown-up) can enjoy direct contact with museum exhibits.